Making the Call—Water Damage Emergency
SERVPRO of West Amarillo would love to assist you, no matter the day or hour of your water damage emergency. We are a 24-hour service, here to respond to any call—no matter the size of the damage. We have experienced and professional employees that can reach your location quickly to help you through this tough time.
What to Expect
We know that in the face of an emergency, you may be confused, stressed, and overwhelmed. It is important to know that no water damage is the same, so you will be asked a series of questions about your water damage. These questions are crucial to caring for you quickly and in the best way possible. They will determine how many trained SERVPRO professionals to bring to the job, how much equipment and resources to bring, what to expect, and so on.
Our SERVPRO representative will likely ask for the following:
- Your first and last name and contact information
- The physical address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- How many rooms and what kind of floor was affected?
- What kind of foundation does your home or business sit on?
- Insurance information (if applicable)
- Has the source of the water damage has been repaired/ceased?
- Is there electricity available onsite?
Call SERVPRO of West Amarillo today at (806)331-4555 for all your water damage needs!
Summer Water Conservation Tips
We at SERVPRO of West Amarillo know that the summer heat is officially here! This means playing in the sprinkler, yard maintenance, and your water bill possibly increasing! Here are a few tips on lowering your water usage, as well as helping with water conservation in our area:
- Adjust Sprinklers to where they aren’t watering any pavement/concrete. It sounds silly, but it’s more common to waste water this way than you think!
- Water your yard or garden before 10:00am or after 6:00pm. This is when the temperatures are lower and evaporation is minimal, meaning that the soil will better retain the water.
- Inspect your irrigation system if you have one. Check for leaks, broken lines, or blockage in the lines. A well-managed system will save you money, water, and time.
- Add a shutoff nozzle to your garden hose. This saves approximately 5 to 7 gallons of water for each minute that your hose is turned on.
- Do not overwater! If you are concerned that your lawn/garden isn’t being watered sufficiently, water more frequently using less water, rather that overwatering and causing puddling. Puddling is pointless in the sense that it could drown plants, the soil obviously cannot retain all the water, and this only causes the water to eventually be evaporated and wasted.
- Raise your lawnmower blades. Again, this probably sounds silly, but longer grass promotes deeper root growth, resulting in a more drought-resistant lawn, cooler soil temperatures due to the sun not being able to penetrate to the soil (this reduces evaporation), and fewer weeds.
- Give the hose a rest! Clean patios, driveways, and sidewalks with a leaf blower or broom when necessary, rather than hosing them off. Don’t forget to check for leaks around your spigot area and perform maintenance on leaks and drips.
SERVPRO of West Amarillo thanks you and we hope that you all have a fantastic summer!
5 Reasons to Call SERVPRO of West Amarillo
5 Reasons to Call SERVPRO of West Amarillo
- We have served the Texas Panhandle for nearly 15 years. We have been providing professional restoration services to this area for over a decade and look forward to continuing to do so. We would love to earn your trust and your business now and for the years to come.
- We are an IICRC-certified firm. The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification is the leading, independent, non-profit, and standard-setting body in the cleaning, inspection, and restoration industry. Owner, Mark Belew, is a certified Master in several fields and we strive to hold our employees to that same standard, having employees eventually become certified technicians in their field of expertise as well. We want to be well trained and equipped to take care of you!
- We handle commercial and residential jobs. From large loss in a commercial building, right down to the small leak causing water damage in your home, you can assure that we will tend to any and every need the same—with extreme care and sincere concern. No job is too big nor too small for SERVPRO of West Amarillo.
- We offer both General Cleaning and Disaster Response. We at SERVPRO of West Amarillo have a broad spectrum of services, including, but not limited to:
- Carpet, Tile, and Upholstery Cleaning
- Post-Construction Cleaning
- Air Duct and Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire and Smoke Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Biohazard and Crime Scene Cleanup
- General Cleans of Hoarder Homes
- Textile Cleaning with Esporta Wash Systems
5. We are ready 24/7 to handle whatever disaster you may face. We are a 24-hour, 7 days a week service that is ready at your convenience. We take pride in being the first on the scene, no matter what time, to help make your disaster “Like it never even happened.”
Call SERVPRO of West Amarillo at (806) 331-4555 for any and all your restoration needs today!
Flooding at Don Harrington Discovery Center
SERVPRO of West Amarillo was dispatched to the beloved Don Harrington Discovery Center located here in Amarillo, Texas this past weekend to aid in flood repair. Damage to a toilet in the men’s bathroom caused nearly 2,900 gallons of water to flood the entire East Wing, requiring professional water mitigation services.
We were saddened to hear that not only did the Don Harrington Discovery Center have to go through the devastation of flooding in their facility, but they also had to cancel their fundraising camp, “Camp Iwanna.”
Though saddened by the news of cancellations due to the flooding, we at SERVPRO of West Amarillo were also proud to be the first on the scene to aid in flood repairs and try to dry the structure as quickly as possible. We hope to build trust and relieve stress from those at the Don Harrington Discovery Center, as well as make this terrible accident “Like it never even happened.”
We at SERVPRO of West Amarillo pride ourselves in doing all that we can to keep businesses at least partly operational during repairs, as we know the importance of maintaining business even in the face of disaster. We are proud to announce that, as stated in an article by Crystal Martinez of Myhighplains.com (link attached below), even though the east wing is undergoing repairs, the middle and west wing are still open and fully operational.
We at SERVPRO of West Amarillo have proudly served the entire Texas Panhandle and surrounding areas for nearly 15 years and would love to earn your business and trust. Call us today at (806) 331-4555 for any and all commercial needs.
Do Not Delay, Call Today!
We have all been there before—the dishwasher just drained into the kitchen floor. The washing machine overflowed… again. You discovered a leak under the kitchen sink. Life happens. We all think that it is no big deal, and that we can handle it ourselves. Unfortunately, this is not always true. When dealing with water damage, there is always much more to it than just sopping up the water from the floor. The water left behind walls and underneath flooring from these small damages could create thousands of dollars’ worth of expenses in the future. Most people do not realize the importance of getting professional help for water damage needs, and we at SERVPRO of West Amarillo are here to help educate!
Call for help immediately—do not wait!
There are multiple reasons as to why you should call sooner rather than later, but here are a few important examples:
- Secondary damage can occur. Secondary water damage occurs when a water damage isn’t taken care of immediately. Signs of secondary water damage may appear as rotted or soggy drywall, buckling hardwood floors, peeling vinyl, and mold. This could be avoided most of the time with a quick reaction to the damage.
- Your insurance may not cover the damage if you wait too long. Insurance companies all vary and no one policy is the same as the next, but most insurance companies see water damages as emergencies and would like to get it taken care of immediately to minimalize damage and costs.
- The longer the water sits, the longer it has the potential to home bacteria, mold, and other toxins. Depending on the conditions, mold can germinate and grow as quickly as 24 hours. While it may take at least 3-12 days to colonize and become visible, the last thing you want is for the mold to occur regardless!
While professional help with water damage can sometimes be costly, you cannot put a price on the peace of mind and security you will gain from knowing that your home is taken care of and not deteriorating by the minute. Play it safe, call us today at (806)331-4555 for your water damage needs!
Flash Flood Knowledge
We at SERVPRO of West Amarillo know how crazy the Texas Panhandle weather has been lately. We are blessed to see the rain but know that too much can be dangerous. SERVPRO of West Amarillo would love to be the first on the scene to help during your storm-caused disaster at home, but we also take pride in providing tips to keep you safe during inclement weather.
Sometimes flash floods can come, along with all this rain. It is important to know what flash floods are, what to do to prepare for them, and how to react if they become a reality.
A flash flood is a sudden local flood, due to heavy rain. A flash flood watch means that there is a possibility for flash flooding in your area. A flash flood warning means that flash flooding is already occurring or will occur soon in your area.
- Stay alert and updated on the weather! There are news channels, radio stations, apps, and websites to help with this. If you do not have access to any of the mentioned resources, it is advised that you ask a neighbor or friend.
- Create an emergency kit for inclement weather. If the kit was made in previous years, make sure the food supply is replenished, there are fresh batteries for radios and flashlights, and that all documents and identification are up to date.
- Turn around, don’t drown. It is common to think that your car can handle driving in flood water, but it is never a good idea. The water pressure on the doors could trap you in the vehicle, you place yourself at higher risk of drowning, wash out on roads could occur and cause you to have an accident, the water could cause an automobile accident or other damage to your car, and not to mention, emergency responders are already super busy, so unless there is an absolute emergency, do not try to brave driving in the waters.
- Keep children and pets out of the flood waters. There are high risks of fast-moving debris, toxins, microbials, and other dangers in the water.
- Do not return to affected areas until told by official authorities to do so.
Tornadoes are no surprise here in the Texas Panhandle! Although we have seen tornadic conditions many times in our area of rural America, it is always important to refresh ourselves on what to do in the situation of having dangerous weather. SERVPRO of West Amarillo stands with you on being weather-ready by following the recommended tornado preparation tips:
- Know your area’s tornado risk.
- Know the signs of a tornado and high-risk weather.
- Create and practice a tornado evacuation plan with your family that includes your pets.
- Keep up with your local weather and know when to expect possible high-risk weather.
- Create and store an emergency kit. This could contain flashlights, a battery powered radio, extra batteries, bottled water, snacks, whatever special foods and items you may need for infants, senior citizens, or other specialized individuals, masking or duct tape, personal identification, a spare set of keys, credit cards or cash, important documents, a whistle in case you may need emergency retrieval, a phone and charger, a first aid kit, candles, a lighter and matches, and blankets.
- Safely get to a safe room, basement, or storm cellar if possible. Do not wait until last minute to take shelter—this increases risk of injury or the inability to take proper shelter!
- If you don’t have access to underground shelter, go into a small interior room on the lowest level, such as a bathroom or closet.
- Stay away from windows, doors, and outside walls.
- DO NOT seek shelter under a bridge or overpass! A safer location would be a low, flat area.
In the case of tornadic conditions, always remain calm and wait for the storm to pass. The biggest priority is keeping yourself and others safe. We at SERVPRO of West Amarillo know all too well that things can either be restored or replaced, but your loved ones, friends, and pets cannot.
Storm Damages Amarillo Home
Pictured is the area of the customer's home to which the lightning strike damage occurred.
Storm season has officially begun in the Texas Panhandle! This season may bring damaging winds, possible tornadoes, heavy rain, flash flooding, hail, lightning, and other elements that could cause harm to your home or business! SERVPRO of West Amarillo would love to be the first on the scene, should the need arise for restoration of your home after a devastating storm.
This scary possibility became a harsh reality for one Amarillo citizen. We recently performed services for a customer whose home was struck by lightning, causing the ceiling and insulation to fall into the home. The fallen debris covered furniture and floors and completely destroyed some belongings. Luckily, we were able to respond quickly and clean up the aftermath. We pride ourselves on making your devastating damage “Like it never even happened.”
Call SERVPRO of West Amarillo at (806) 331-4555 for any and all your restoration or cleaning needs today! We would love to earn your business and trust for the many years (and storm seasons) to come!
Mark Belew, Owner of SERVPRO of West Amarillo is pictured working on restoring a piece of wooden furniture that was damaged by smoke and soot. He truly cares for his customers; he takes time out of his busy schedule to assure that your belongings are well taken care of. Mark has been in the restoration industry for 25 years and is an IICRC-certified Master Water Restorer, Master Textile Cleaner, and Master Fire & Smoke Restorer. You can trust that your belongings are always in good hands here at SERVPRO of West Amarillo.
We pride ourselves on having a staff that comes together to make the magic happen behind the scenes. Our team is a team that never stops training, is eager to help, and happy to make your home disasters “Like it never even happened.” Take comfort in knowing that your prized possessions and belongings will be treated with utmost care and restored properly.
A Company That Gives Back
SERVPRO of West Amarillo's team.
SERVPRO of West Amarillo has been serving the Texas Panhandle area for nearly 15 years. In that time, we have made positive relationships within our community that will last a lifetime. We love our community, so we place significant importance on giving back to those who have supported our business throughout the years.
SERVPRO of West Amarillo invests in the youth of our community with our charitable contributions. We understand the importance of investing in the future of our community as well as helping those in need. We have shown continual support for Snack Pac for Kids, run by our dear friend, Brother Ron. In addition, we participate in Christmas festivities and show support to Amarillo Children’s Home, whom also supports us tremendously by putting their faith in us for all of their restoration needs. We also have made contributions to the ACTS Community Center.
We pride ourselves on being a franchise business with a “small town feel.”
Thank you to all of those who support us and to those who are doing great things for our community that depend on our help to accomplish those things. We are blessed to be a part of such a great community!