Left With a Nasty Mess?
The debris left in this house included animal waste. We came, we cleaned, and left the home smelling fresh and looking good!
SERVPRO of West Amarillo provides biohazard cleanup services for the following:
- Hoarding situations
- Animal remains/Waste
- Viral pathogen/Coronavirus
- Sewage backups
- Unattended Death/Suicide
- Crime scenes
- Tear gas
- Meth lab
- Blood and body fluids
Common Biohazard Problems
Sewage backups and dark water intrusions are more than nasty, smelly deposits – these damages also introduce harmful microorganisms into a structure. SERVPRO franchise professionals remove the sewage, contaminants, and moisture, and help ensure the structure is properly cleaned, disinfected, and deodorized.
SERVPRO professionals remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue and other substances resulting from death, trauma, accident, or crime. Trained SERVPRO franchise professionals clean, disinfect and deodorize the structure.
SERVPRO professionals follow state and federal guidelines to properly clean all surfaces. Many of the chemicals used in the production of illegal drugs are volatile and can leave harmful residues.
Hidden Signs of Water Damage
Here we see a wall damaged by water. Call SERVPRO of West Amarillo if you notice this in your home. 1-806-331-4555
Hidden Signs of a Water Leak
- Sudden Appearance of Mold
Mold growth-Growth can start within 24 to 48 hours. Mold remediation and removal require the help of an expert. Mold may be visible and come with an odor.
- Changes in the Floor, Ceiling, or Walls
Water damage is often found when drips or wet spots are found. Water inside a wall or ceiling may cause bubbles in latex paint, or the paint may begin to peel off. There could also be a colder soft spot.
If you don’t see water on the floor, there could still be water. Flooring may begin to loosen. Wood floors may swell, ceramic tile may pop, loosen, or crack. Flooring that has been glued on may come up. Water may even seep up through the flooring in some instances.
- Increase in Water Consumption
In some cases, nothing will be noticed except a drastic change in water consumption. This is most common in homes with a pier and beam foundation.
Flooding isn't always covered!
According to the Insurance Information Institute, almost half (43%) of homeowners incorrectly believe flood damage from heavy rain is covered under their standard insurance policy. The standard policy doesn’t cover flood damage from heavy rain or a hurricane-driven storm surge. Supplemental insurance is needed for such instances. Flood insurance can be gotten through NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program) as a separate policy.
Flood Damage Is NOT Covered When it comes to water damage caused by weather driven, ground-level flooding. For example, there is no coverage if:
- A hurricane storm surge damages your property.
- Heavy rains flood your basement.
- An overflowing river or creek damages your home; or
- Tsunami-driven water destroys your home.
For coverage for these, a separate flood insurance policy available from the NFIP and a few private insurers must be purchased.
Some good news: homeowners insurance helps you keep a roof over your head if your house has been destroyed or rendered uninhabitable. Standard policies generally cover special living costs incurred when you cannot live in your home because of an insured loss. Covered costs include additional expenses for temporary housing, hotel bills, restaurant meals and other expenses. This provision—known as “Additional Living Expenses” or ALE coverage—can provide peace of mind and help families move past disasters.
Protecting your Home or Business from Fire
Fire is an ever present worry. There are some things you can do to mitigate the risk to your home or business.
- Dead vegetation, leaves, twigs, etc. should be removed from all outdoor areas and kept under control. Remove dead branches from trees, especially the lower branches.
- Keep roofs and gutters free of debris. This should include your home and any outbuildings.
- Clear and keep clear attic vents and window screens.
- Firewood should be kept at least 30 feet from your home.
- Roofing materials with a Class A (the highest) should be used.
- Install metal angle flashing on the edge of roofs.
- Exposed wooden rafters, while beautiful, should have boxed in eaves.
- If the home’s siding is combustible, any decking should have metal flashing installed where it meets the siding.
The 5 feet around your home is the most vulnerable so needs to be the most aggressively maintained.
- Outdoor furniture in this area needs to be fire resistant, not combustible.
- Relocate all combustible materials.
- Remove tree limbs that extend into this zone, it is recommended that no vegetation be within five feet of any structure.
- Use only inorganic, non-combustible mulches.
The area from 5 feet to 30 feet should be kept “Lean, Clean and Green”
- Regularly trim trees to keep branches 10 feet from other trees.
- Keep dead branches 10 feet from chimney.
- Remove branches that hang over the roof.
Steps To Take After a Fire Loss
SERVPRO of West Amarillo is Here to Help with your fire damage. 1-806-331-4555
- Give immediate notice of the loss to your insurance company.
- Protect the property from further damage, by covering holes in the roofs or walls.
- Make an inventory of damaged personal property showing in detail the quantity, description, what you paid for the items when you purchased, how long you have had the items, the amount of damage they sustained and how much it would cost to replace them. Include with the inventory any bills or documents which can help establish the items’ value.
- Cooperate with the insurer or his adjuster by exhibiting the damaged property.
- Inform your mortgage company of the fire and to keep them informed of activities to restore the property.
If you’re not insured, your recovery will be based on your own resources and help from your community.
Private organizations that help with disaster relief include the American Red Cross and the Salvation Army.
Water Restoration and Water Damage Repair
SERVPRO of West Amarillo is available 24/7 at 806-331-4555 to serve Amarillo and the surrounding areas!
SERVPRO of West Amarillo Professionals have the expertise and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property to pre-water damage condition. They use a scientific approach to water removal and water cleanup that emphasizes monitoring and documenting the drying process from beginning to end.
Call the SERVPRO Professionals at 806-331-4555
Every water damage event is a little different, and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same.
When you call, our representative will ask you questions that will help the SERVPRO of West Amarillo Professional respond to your water emergency more quickly and efficiently. This initial contact is an important part of a fast, effective restoration.
Inspection and Water Damage Assessment
A SERVPRO of West Amarillo Professional will carefully inspect your property’s water damage, determining the type of water damage and the areas affected. This is a crucial step to creating an effective plan of action that will result in a successful restoration.
Water Removal / Water Extraction
Typically, water is removed using our powerful pumps and vacuums during the water removal process. The SERVPRO Franchise Professionals start this process as soon as possible to minimize further damage and to help prevent mold growth.
Drying and Dehumidification
After the bulk of the water has been removed, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals use specialized equipment to target the water that’s harder to access. They use less intrusive, scientific drying methods to draw the remaining water and moisture from your property with air movers and dehumidifiers.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
Water damage also affects your belongings, like furniture, clothing, and personal items. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can clean restorable items using specialized cleaning techniques. They also sanitize with antimicrobial treatments and remove odors using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
The last step is restoring your home or business back to its pre-water damage condition. The restoration step can be relatively minor, such as replacing a few drywall panels, or could include major reconstruction, such as rebuilding entire rooms of a home or business.
Does Storm Damage Have Your Business Stalled?
When storms strike, leaving you waterlogged, SERVPRO of West Amarillo is Here to Help.
Storm damage can strike your commercial property at any time. Water damage can sideline your business, regardless of if the damage occurs from a major storm event or a broken water line. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when you have an emergency water event, SERVPRO of West Amarillo Franchise Professionals offer fast, 24 hour emergency services, 365 days per year.
Water Damage or Flooding? Call Us Today 806-331-4555
Commercial Water Restoration Presents Unique Challenges
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have the training, experience, and equipment to manage water and flooding damage at your place of business. Whether you have a large water emergency or a small water damage event, they will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion. Learn more about SERVPRO Franchise Professional training and certifications.
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
It's Never to Late to Prepare for Storms
SERVPRO of West Amarillo is always Here to Help, 24/7/365. 806-331-4555
In recent years, Texas has been affected by many different types of disasters including flooding, tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, blizzards, and more! These natural disasters can threaten your home, business, and community. SERVPRO of West Amarillo wants you to be aware of the steps to take to help prepare for Mother Nature's worst.
For more information on disaster preparedness, visit www.ready.gov, or call SERVPRO of West Amarillo. Our professionals can help your business prepare for the unexpected by creating and Emergency READY Profile for your facility. The Profile is designed to be a quick and easy snapshot of your business, providing critical facility information needed for detailed emergency preparation.
The time to prepare for a disaster is now. Call SERVPRO of West Amarillo 806-331-4555 to make sure your business is "Ready for whatever happens."
SERVPRO is Storm Ready!
Large storm events are happening. Call SERVPRO of West Amarillo 806-331-4555
No Job Is Too Large
The SERVPRO Commercial Large Loss Division is composed of our best of the best in restoration. Our elite large-loss specialists are prequalified and strategically positioned throughout the United States to handle any size disaster.
Every large loss is supervised by a commercial operations manager to help ensure seamless communication and timely mitigation.
At SERVPRO, the difference is our ability to dispatch trained production professionals and cut costs through the strategic placement and oversight. Get the professionals, call SERVPRO of West Amarillo.
Clients for the Commercial Large Loss program include the following:
- The Hospitality Industry
- Property Managers
- The Pentagon
Should a storm or major event strike, call 806-331-4555
Catastrophic Storm and Major Event Response
The SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team can provide help whether you're dealing with a tornado, hurricane, blizzard, polar vortex, or flood. The SERVPRO System has a network of strategically positioned storm teams on standby should a disaster strike near you. Available 24 hours a day and 365 days a year, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are prepared for the unpredictable.
With the ability to mobilize local command centers, along with the resources of more than 1,700 Franchises nationwide, no disaster is too big. Recent mobilizations of the Catastrophic Storm Response Teams include:
- 2021 Polar Vortex
- 2020 Hanna
- 2020 Tropical Storm Beta
- 2020 Laura
- 2019 Imelda
- 2017 Harvey/Irma/Nate
- 2014 Polar Vortex
- 2012 Sandy
- 2010 Nashville floods
- 2008 Ike
Dealing with a Flooded house and a burst pipe? SERVPRO of West Amarillo is Here to Help
This flaking joint compound is from high humidity levels due to a burst pipe elsewhere in the building.
A quick response is critical when dealing with water inside your home. The longer it sits, the more damage it can cause and the greater the risk of secondary damages such as mold or mildew.
1) Stop the water flow. Turn off the water at the nearest shutoff- such as under the sink, behind the washing machine, behind the toilet, or use the main shut off.
2) Call SERVPRO of West Amarillo 806-331-4555, we are available twenty four hours a day, 365 days a year for emergency services. We service all 26 counties in the Texas Panhandle!
3) Contact your Insurance Company. SERVPRO of West Amarillo will provide all necessary documentation of the restoration efforts to your insurance company.
4) Relax in the knowledge that you have contacted trusted and experienced professionals with your water damage. Average drying time is approximately three to four days, this of course varies depending on the materials in question, how long the water was able to penetrate materials, humidity levels, and other variables.