Tornadoes are no surprise here in the Texas Panhandle! Although we have seen tornadic conditions many times in our area of rural America, it is always important to refresh ourselves on what to do in the situation of having dangerous weather. SERVPRO of West Amarillo stands with you on being weather-ready by following the recommended tornado preparation tips:
- Know your area’s tornado risk.
- Know the signs of a tornado and high-risk weather.
- Create and practice a tornado evacuation plan with your family that includes your pets.
- Keep up with your local weather and know when to expect possible high-risk weather.
- Create and store an emergency kit. This could contain flashlights, a battery powered radio, extra batteries, bottled water, snacks, whatever special foods and items you may need for infants, senior citizens, or other specialized individuals, masking or duct tape, personal identification, a spare set of keys, credit cards or cash, important documents, a whistle in case you may need emergency retrieval, a phone and charger, a first aid kit, candles, a lighter and matches, and blankets.
- Safely get to a safe room, basement, or storm cellar if possible. Do not wait until last minute to take shelter—this increases risk of injury or the inability to take proper shelter!
- If you don’t have access to underground shelter, go into a small interior room on the lowest level, such as a bathroom or closet.
- Stay away from windows, doors, and outside walls.
- DO NOT seek shelter under a bridge or overpass! A safer location would be a low, flat area.
In the case of tornadic conditions, always remain calm and wait for the storm to pass. The biggest priority is keeping yourself and others safe. We at SERVPRO of West Amarillo know all too well that things can either be restored or replaced, but your loved ones, friends, and pets cannot.
Storm Damages Amarillo Home
Pictured is the area of the customer's home to which the lightning strike damage occurred.
Storm season has officially begun in the Texas Panhandle! This season may bring damaging winds, possible tornadoes, heavy rain, flash flooding, hail, lightning, and other elements that could cause harm to your home or business! SERVPRO of West Amarillo would love to be the first on the scene, should the need arise for restoration of your home after a devastating storm.
This scary possibility became a harsh reality for one Amarillo citizen. We recently performed services for a customer whose home was struck by lightning, causing the ceiling and insulation to fall into the home. The fallen debris covered furniture and floors and completely destroyed some belongings. Luckily, we were able to respond quickly and clean up the aftermath. We pride ourselves on making your devastating damage “Like it never even happened.”
Call SERVPRO of West Amarillo at (806) 331-4555 for any and all your restoration or cleaning needs today! We would love to earn your business and trust for the many years (and storm seasons) to come!
Mark Belew, Owner of SERVPRO of West Amarillo is pictured working on restoring a piece of wooden furniture that was damaged by smoke and soot. He truly cares for his customers; he takes time out of his busy schedule to assure that your belongings are well taken care of. Mark has been in the restoration industry for 25 years and is an IICRC-certified Master Water Restorer, Master Textile Cleaner, and Master Fire & Smoke Restorer. You can trust that your belongings are always in good hands here at SERVPRO of West Amarillo.
We pride ourselves on having a staff that comes together to make the magic happen behind the scenes. Our team is a team that never stops training, is eager to help, and happy to make your home disasters “Like it never even happened.” Take comfort in knowing that your prized possessions and belongings will be treated with utmost care and restored properly.
A Company That Gives Back
SERVPRO of West Amarillo's team.
SERVPRO of West Amarillo has been serving the Texas Panhandle area for nearly 15 years. In that time, we have made positive relationships within our community that will last a lifetime. We love our community, so we place significant importance on giving back to those who have supported our business throughout the years.
SERVPRO of West Amarillo invests in the youth of our community with our charitable contributions. We understand the importance of investing in the future of our community as well as helping those in need. We have shown continual support for Snack Pac for Kids, run by our dear friend, Brother Ron. In addition, we participate in Christmas festivities and show support to Amarillo Children’s Home, whom also supports us tremendously by putting their faith in us for all of their restoration needs. We also have made contributions to the ACTS Community Center.
We pride ourselves on being a franchise business with a “small town feel.”
Thank you to all of those who support us and to those who are doing great things for our community that depend on our help to accomplish those things. We are blessed to be a part of such a great community!
Commercial Cleaning Services
You don't have time to worry about the common wear and tear that gradually soils your office. When grime, odor, moisture, or devastation challenges go beyond the scope of your regular janitorial staff, call in SERVPRO of West Amarillo to make your commercial workplace or business look its very best.
SERVPRO of West Amarillo’s Commercial Services include, but are not limited to:
- Commercial Fire and Water Restoration
- Commercial Mold Remediation
- Commercial Storm Recovery
- Commercial Carpet Cleaning
- Commercial Air Duct Cleaning
- Commercial Tile and Grout Cleaning
- Commercial Upholstery Cleaning
- Commercial Odor Removal
SERVPRO of West Amarillo will get the job done right and get it done quickly, because the SERVPRO Advantage includes these benefits:
- Award winning training
- Over 40 years' experience in the industry
- More than 100 exclusive cleaning products
- 24-hour Emergency Services
Specialty Cleaning Services
SERVPRO of West Amarillo offers cleaning services ranging from cleaning restaurant equipment to removing bio-hazard contaminants. They have the specialized training and products to get your property back to business as soon as possible.
Have Questions? Call Today (806)331-4555
Destroy Odors With Deodorization
Even Small fires can cause odors for years to come if not properly cleaned and deodorized. Fire, smoke, and soot damage in your Amarillo home or business can create unpleasant and potentially permanent problems.
As various materials burn, the smoke produced travels throughout the structure, leaving odorous residues and deposits on surfaces and in hard-to-reach places. Unless fast, professional action is taken, these residues and deposits can cause permanent damage to contents and my result in resurfacing odors.
With technicians certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration (IICRC), SERVPRO of West Amarillo professionals provide specialized services that can rid your Amarillo home or business of offensive odors left by fire or smoke damage.
SERVPRO of West Amarillo professionals do not cover up lingering odors with a fragrance, they seek out and remove the sources of the odor. Once the source is found, SERVPRO's own proprietary line of cleaning products is used to treat and prevent the odor from returning. Any restorable item in affected areas will also be professionally cleaned and deodorized, including furniture, draperies and upholstery, electronics, art, flooring, walls, ceilings, HVAC air ducts, and more.
Ask SERVPRO of West Amarillo to explain the various deodorization methods available and which will work best for you.
If you or a customer suffer a fire damage or some other accident and require deodorization services, contact SERVPRO of West Amarillo (806)331-4555. Whether it's fire or water damage, or just a stubborn odor that refuses to go away, we'll help make it "Like it never even happened."
Restoring Your Commercial Property After Water Damage
Flooding and water damage events at commercial properties are often complex, with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large-scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility back to preloss conditions. As a highly-functioning business ourselves, we understand the importance of keeping the doors of your business open, if at all possible.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So, when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help that you need.
About SERVPRO of West Amarillo
SERVPRO of West Amarillo specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. Call SERVPRO of West Amarillo today to ensure that your business is up and running again, “Like it never even happened.”
Fire Damage Restoration Process
After the fire trucks leave, your home likely suffers from fire and smoke damage and extensive water damage from firefighting efforts. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have the specialized fire restoration training needed to restore your home to pre-fire condition.
Have Questions About Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Today (806)331-4555
Every fire damage event is a little different, and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for the “typical” fire damage emergency.
Step 1: Emergency Contact
The restoration process begins when you call SERVPRO of West Amarillo, which is staffed 24 hours a day. Our representative will ask a series of questions regarding the fire damage event that will help us dispatch the nearest SERVPRO of West Amarillo Professional with the appropriate equipment and resources.
Step 2: Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
Our Professionals will carefully inspect and test adjoining rooms of your property to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage. This step is crucial to developing a plan of action.
Step 3: Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service
Fire damage can often compromise windows, walls, and roofs. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, the SERVPRO Franchise Professional can board up missing windows and walls and place tarps on damaged roofs.
Step 4: Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)
The water removal process begins almost immediately and removes the majority of the water. They will then use dehumidifiers and air movers to remove the remaining water and complete the drying process.
Step 5: Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
The SERVPRO Franchise Professionals use specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
Step 6: Cleaning and Sanitizing
They will clean all of the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire. They use a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to pre-fire condition. They’re also trained to remove odors using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
Restoration is the final step—getting your home or business to its pre-fire condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
SERVPRO of West Amarillo's Summertime Fire Tips
At SERVPRO of West Amarillo, we love to aid in restoration when the need arises, but we also strive to give tips and tricks to keep you safe and out of the face of disaster, if at all avoidable. With Summer approaching, there are lots of hazards to be aware of when performing recreational summertime activities. Small moments of neglect could lead to huge moments of regret! When it comes to summertime safety, here are a few tips:
- When around an open flame, such as campfires, either wear form-fitting clothes or do your best to keep loose-fitting clothes away from the open flame.
- If you haven’t recently, perform a test on all fire/smoke detection systems. This may also be a good time to replace batteries if needed.
- Obey “NO SMOKING” signs in ALL areas, ALL THE TIME.
- If barbecuing, avoid cooking too close to the home or under structures, overhangs, and awnings to avoid structure fire.
- If you go on vacation, unplug all electrical appliances before leaving. This reduces the chance of electrical fire while you are away! It may also be a good idea to have someone check on your home periodically while you are away.
- Follow all Burn Bans, Fire Safety Rules, Laws, and Regulations.
- Never leave an open campfire burning! Do not leave the site if there are still hot embers or small flames. If it is too hot to touch, it is too hot to leave!
- Be aware of your surroundings before you ever “fire up” your barbecue grill!
- When barbecuing, have a fire extinguisher on hand in case of an emergency.
- Follow directions when it comes to fireworks. Never point or aim fireworks at structures, vehicles, yourself, other humans, crowded areas, roadways, other fireworks, fire hazards, compressed tanks, animals, etc. or put them in bodies of water, bottles, etc.
- Always provide adult supervision to children that are “popping” fireworks.
- Never ignite a campfire with starter fluids or other flammable chemicals, as these could EASILY get out of control!
- Make sure your home fire pit is at a MINIMUM OF 10FT FROM YOUR HOME! Placing it closer is a fire hazard to your home!
- Put fires out with either sand or water, making sure that they are COMPLETELY COOLED before you leave!
Summer is better when you fill it with positive memories and unforgettable experiences—do not let the “unforgettable experiences” be devastating ones. Following these tips will help prevent injury, structure fires, wildfires, and any other kind of devastation. We at SERVPRO of West Amarillo hope you have a SAFE and sunny Summer!
Providing Commercial Services
SERVPRO of west Amarillo would love to be your “any and all” commercial phone call!
For the past 14 years, SERVPRO of West Amarillo has been providing restoration services to the Texas Panhandle and surrounding areas. We would love to earn your trust, and ultimately earn your business for any and all your commercial needs!
We at SERVPRO of West Amarillo know that the disasters of life do not discriminate—your business is never guaranteed safe from fire, water damage, mold, and other elements. We would love aid in restoring your business back to preloss conditions. Along with restoration services, we also provide general cleaning services in a commercial setting. Our list of services includes, but are not limited to:
- Commercial Mold Remediation
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Post-Construction Cleanup
- HVAC and Air Duct Cleaning
- Document and Records Recovery
- Odor and Stain Removal
- Facilities Cleaning
- Vandalism/Crime Scene Cleanup
- Biohazard Remediation
- Disaster Recovery Team
- Commercial Storm and Major Events
and much more! No job is too big nor too small for us at SERVPRO of West Amarillo! As a 24/7 emergency service business, we also provide flexible scheduling to work around your business’s schedule. We realize the importance of keeping the doors of your business open (if possible), even in the face of disaster. With our highly trained teams of production technicians, we have the combined skill and wisdom to get your business up and running again as quickly as possible, making it “Like it never even happened.”