Texas Panhandle Wind
If you have spent any time in the Texas Panhandle Area, you know we have wind. So. Much. Wind. The Weather Channel Has Amarillo as the windiest city in the US.
High Wind Safety
- Seek shelter or stand close to a building.
- Don’t climb up on anything
- Don’t stand under a tree, a limb could break off in high winds.
- Watch for power lines, and if you see one, avoid it.
- If you are inside your car when a power line falls onto it, stay inside, and DO NOT touch any metal. Try to get someone’s attention and have them call 911.
- If you are driving, pull over. High winds have been known to blow vehicles into another lane, flip over buses, vans, and RVs.
SERVPRO® of West Amarillo
Fire & Water-Cleanup & Restoration TM