Recent Cleaning Posts
Are odors disrupting your home or business? Call SERVPRO© of West Amarillo at 806-331-4555, we're Here to Help!
Odors can and will permeate your home or office over time, and SERVPRO® of West Amarillo is Here to Help!
Removing odors from buildings presents a challenge as odors result from airborne chemicals, gases, or tiny particles lodging themselves into porous surfaces.
SERVPRO® of West Amarillo accepts this challenge!
Factors Affecting Odor Penetration
- Surface porosity—The more porous a material, the more likely it is to absorb odors.
- Heavy concentrations of residue—The more concentrated the residue, the greater the surface area of materials that it can impact.
- High exposure time—The longer a surface is exposed to odor particles, the greater the
number of odor particles that will penetrate.
- Heat—Heat causes porous surfaces to expand, allowing odors to penetrate even deeper. When heat is removed, the surfaces contract and trap the odor particles.
Removing Odors-tools in our toolbox
- Odor Counteracting Beads--are a masking agent that works by time release.
- Deodorant Granules or Pellets-- are an odor absorber Concentrated water-based deodorizer can instantly mix with water in a variety of dilution ratios and applications.
- Water-based Wet Fog--deodorizer can be applied with a fogger to produce a fine mist or
fog. A superfine mist, barely visible, allows the chemical to penetrate surface cracks
and crevices, where odors are present.
- Sealing--Sealing a surface sometimes is necessary when odors remain after all other deodorization procedures have been performed. Sealers (also called sealants) are applied to the affected surface to encapsulate remaining odor residues.
- Portable ozone machine--portable ozone machine eliminates a variety of odors caused by animals, cigarette smoke, mold, or fire and water damages.
- A photocatalytic lamp--shines ultraviolet (UV) rays on a surface of titanium dioxide and produces hydroxyl radicals. The hydroxyl radicals then immediately oxidize and break down bad odors into carbon dioxide and water.
- Air scrubbers--can remove airborne particles, as well as odors and gases, from the air. The device draws dirty indoor air through a series of filters, capturing particles, gases, and odors, and then exhausts clean air back into the environment. HEPA filters capture particles as small as 0.3 microns.
Steps in mitigating the offending odor.
- Remove the odor source and debris.
- Clean surfaces that have odor-causing residues.
- Re-create the conditions that caused odor penetration. Distribute a deodorizer to a surface in a manner similar to the way odor-causing substances penetrated the surface. For example, if smoke created the problem, a deodorizing “smoke” or fog will be most effective in following odors to their source. If urine contaminated an area, then “flood” affected areas with deodorizers (sanitizers, neutralizers, and digesters).
- Seal surfaces exposed to malodors.
Call SERVPRO© of West Amarillo 806-331-4555. We have the tools and the experience for all your mitigation needs!
CDC Cleaning Guidlines
Print this out, and put on your fridge-or wherever -to help you remember!
As we continue to deal with the effects of COVID-19, SERVPRO of West Amarillo recommends the daily cleaning of the following items (in accordance with the CDC recommendations):
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevators and Escalators
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness equipment
SERVPRO professionals are trained to perform a proactive cleanup that involves facility or structure cleaning and disinfection. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of waste.
Stay safe Amarillo!
Dryer Vent Cleaning Benefits
Buildup of lint in a dryer vent can cause a lot of problems. This lint buildup can cause longer drying time for your clothes, a higher utility bill, or even a house fire. It is important to get routine cleanings of your dryer vent, and here are just a few reasons why it would benefit you and your family:
- Your garments would have a shorter drying time, meaning less wear and tear on the garments over time.
- Your dryer would run more efficiently, potentially meaning a lower utility bill.
- Routine maintenance could also mean less wear and tear on your dryer itself, causing it to have a longer lifespan.
- Regular dryer vent cleanings reduce the risk of house fires.
The amount of money you may save and peace you may gain is even more reason to begin the new habit of getting dryer vent cleanings. If you would like to schedule today, please call SERVPRO of West Amarillo at 806-331-4555!
Air Duct Cleaning Benefits
Did you know?
- 1 in 5 Americans suffer from allergies found in indoor air.
- Recent research shows that 1/10” of dust on indoor coils can reduce performance by 21%.
- Homes without annual duct cleanings have much more visible dust in the home than those with cleanings.
The Benefits of Air Duct Cleanings:
- The electricity bill may decrease, as efficiency of your HVAC system increases.
- This may remove pet dander from the air of your home.
- Regular cleanings help aid in fire prevention.
- It removes allergens and unpleasant odors.
- It reduces costly HVAC system replacements or repairs.
- It may reduce the risk of mold.
- Cleaning air ducts annually increases air quality and leaves fresher air circulating throughout the home on a day-to-day basis.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
As experts in deodorization, SERVPRO of West Amarillo Professionals are trained to identify and eliminate offensive odors. These odors can come from a number of sources both inside and outside a structure.
SERVPRO teaches IICRC technical classes in the proper removal of odors. Masking and other short cuts don't work when your problem is serious or persistent.
SERVPRO of West Amarillo has the training and equipment to identify and eliminate these offensive odors. By identifying the cause of the odor and determining the conditions in which it contacts any surfaces, the odor an be removed over time without a trace.
The science of identifying and eliminating odors can be a tricky thing, so give SERVPRO of West Amarillo a call (806)331-4555, and leave the situation to us.